Are you tired of struggling to implement change in your organization? Are you constantly searching for the magic solution to make everything fall into place? Then, look no further because the answer might be closer than you think.
Change management tools can be a game-changer for organizations navigating the often-choppy waters of change. These tools range from project management and training and development software to Communication and collaboration tools.
But with so many options, how do you choose the right one? That's where we come in. In this blog, we'll be your go-to resource for all things change management tools. We have reviewed the latest and greatest based on customer reviews and top features so that you don’t have to open a hundred tabs to research the one you need!
So buckle up because it's time to embrace change like never before!
What is Change Management Software?
Change Management Software is a software solution designed to support the change management process within an organization. It automates and streamlines the process, making it more efficient and effective.
The software typically includes features such as change request management, risk management, configuration management, release management, and impact analysis.
Providing a centralized platform to manage, track and report on changes ensures that changes are controlled and consistent. It helps reduce the time and effort required to manage changes, improve visibility and reduce risk.
In short - Change management can work like magic in your organization. Successful change management is choosing the right software to act as a "magic wand." And that’s how you can turn chaos and confusion into calm and trust.
Innovation Through Change: The Value of Change Management
Change is a constant in today's business world. Organizations can drive innovation and stay competitive by embracing change. However, implementing change can also be disruptive and challenging.
The difficulty in change can be due to many factors - resistance by your people, lack of training, and much more.
That's where change management comes in - it's a systematic approach to planning, communicating, and implementing change to minimize disruptions and maximize the chances of success.
In addition to fostering innovation, change management can also help organizations to-
- improve efficiency,
- increase employee engagement,
- enhance competitiveness,
- greater adaptability.
In short - Change management is crucial for realizing the value of change in any organization and reaping the many benefits it can bring.
The Art of Adaptation: Five Key Types of Change
Adaptability is vital to success. Understanding how different types of change can affect your business will help you navigate the constant shifts and changes that organizations face.
- Organizational change involves altering the organizational structure, such as changing how work is divided or making decisions. An example of structural change is implementing a flat organizational system instead of a hierarchical one.
- Cultural change involves altering employees' values, beliefs, and behaviors. An example of cultural change is implementing a new customer service policy that emphasizes empathy and responsiveness.
- Technological change involves introducing new technologies or updating existing ones. An example of technological change is implementing a new CRM system. Moreover, if the system is difficult to use, you may face resistance and won’t realize the ROI of the software.
- Strategic change focuses on making long-term, structural, organizational changes to achieve its goals. An example of strategic change is pivoting from a product-based business model to a service-based one.
- Operational change involves altering the organization's day-to-day operations. An example is introducing a new shift system to improve productivity. Managing operational change involves improving efficiency and effectiveness in an organization's day-to-day operations.
Just a quick heads up - it's important to remember that different types of change often go hand in hand within an organization. In other words, don't be surprised if you're dealing with multiple types of change at once - it's all part of the fun (or challenge, depending on how you look at it) of managing change!
Let’s dive into the 11 change management tools
Gyde is a Digital Adoption Platform that makes sure your team is using all the excellent features of your software and platforms. Empowering the adoption and utilization of software/applications/platforms, Gyde paves a path for successful technological change within an organization.
It is truly a revolutionary solution assuring better employee productivity, employee satisfaction and ROI on any software along the bumpy roads of change.
Gyde sits effortlessly inside any application and improves knowledge retention by introducing your employees to interactive learning. It provides step-by-step audio-visual walkthroughs and contextual help articles synergizing with on-the-job training. It lets you get rid of the traditional way of training and onboarding, such as PPTs and slideshows.
As change leaders, if you want to drive successful changes and grow your organization’s efficiency and effectiveness, Gyde is the right place to start!
Gyde on Sap SuccessFactors Application
Checklist of features
- Audio Visual Walkthroughs - Providing step-by-step guidance directly within the application to improve employee performance and productivity.
- Personalized Learning - Tailoring training and resources to individual employees' specific needs and skills.
- Performance tracking- Measuring employee engagement and progress with the new technology to determine the effectiveness of adoption efforts.
- Chat-like Interface- Helping employees with real-time assistance by typing a keyword/question and getting help with their queries through walkthroughs, help articles, videos, etc.
- Multi-lingual Support - Making resources and support available in multiple languages to support a diverse workforce.
Gyde offers two plans for startups for USD 200/month and enterprises for a customized quote. A free 15-day trial is also available.
An enterprise leader gives Gyde a thorough evaluation -
Gyde offers highly flexible, configurable, and easy-to-access infrastructure with which you can create workflows and help videos. You can seamlessly activate and deactivate these workflows on any software instance. The walk-throughs can be auto-triggered or manually activated. Would you also like to know what the cherry is on top? Its ability to dynamically display only relevant steps from walk-through, as per your platform configuration settings. Customer Support is their strong suit. Gyde Team is one of the best teams I could work with.
2. Jira Service Management
Jira Service Management is an ITSM(IT Service Management) solution that can be a valuable tool for supporting various organizational change initiatives, particularly those related to process and technological change.
The help desk software unlocks high-velocity IT, dev, operations, and business teams by providing the necessary tools and support to enable them to work more efficiently.
It'll help you keep track of change requests, assess risk, get approvals, automate tasks, track deployments, and even plan and schedule changes on a calendar. Plus, it connects to other tools like CI/CD and Confluence to make everything super efficient.
Checklist of features
- Multi-user/group approvals - Get multiple users or groups to approve a change before it can be implemented.
- Change risk assessment engine - Helps evaluate the potential risks associated with a proposed change.
- Change Calendar - Tracks and schedules upcoming changes to a system, keeping you updated.
- Deployment tracking - Monitoring and recording the progress of software deployment.
- Deployment gating - Controls the release of software updates based on certain conditions or criteria being met.
Jira Service Management has several pricing plans, including free, standard, and enterprise plans. The premium plan starts at $141 per agent/ month.
Each plan has features and capabilities, allowing users to sign up for a free trial.
After using Jira Service Management for two years, a Marketing Specialist reviews it as -
“For the past five years, I've been using Jira, and during that time, I've noticed a big improvement just about every time. It has been easy for us to track the work other teams have completed by logging it and adding service-level agreements. You can use it to delegate tasks within your team, track progress on common goals, and share updates with your colleagues in real-time or behind closed doors. Because of this, it is an incredible instrument.”
Issuetrak becomes a powerful tool for managing change as it regulates your change processes, from workflow and process modifications to software updates. This solution doesn’t cater to one type of change. But it may broadly be used in operational, strategic, or organizational change.
The challenge in this type of change is ensuring people put effort into wholly and accurately filling out tickets when logging issues or problems. However, you can later track and address day-to-day issues and identify more significant trends that may go unnoticed.
Featuring powerful auto-assignment tools, alerts, and notifications for stakeholders or regulatory agencies, as well as task and workflow management, Issuetrak helps in easy auditing and change management.
Checklist of features
- Task Management - Organizing, scheduling, and completing tasks, with the help of the Issuetrak dashboard
- Asset Management - Tracking, maintaining, and utilizing organizational assets, including physical and digital assets.
- Round Robin issue assignment - Assigning tasks or issues to team members in a rotational order.
- Knowledge base - Collection of information, usually articles or FAQs, intended to help users troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Prioritization - Determining the importance or urgency of tasks or issues and organizing them accordingly.
The payment plans for IssueTrak's products and services are annual or monthly, depending on your chosen deployment type. They don’t have pricing tiers.
The On-premise plan starts at $998 per agent/billed once, and the Cloud plan starts at $69 per agent/month, billed annually.
An Entertainment Manager managing around 10k+ employees review the software as follows -
“Very positive. This is the thing that keeps us moving. I was with this company a decade ago before Issuetrak and recently came back as a manager. Let me tell you, this software has revolutionized our technical department.”
Freshservice helps companies manage their IT services. It is stored and accessed on the cloud rather than installed on a specific computer or device.
For example, let’s say there is a need to upgrade the operating system on a company's servers from Windows 2019 to Windows 2023. Then Freshservice can help your company plan and execute the upgrade by providing a central location for storing and organizing information. As part of the change, there will be a scope of the upgrade, a timeline for its implementation, any dependencies or risks to consider, and any necessary approvals.
If there are any further issues, you can raise tickets via email, support portal, chat, etc. Its innovative ticket form deflects even trivial issues by suggesting relevant knowledge-base articles. For added productivity, your IT department can automate ticket assignments and use canned responses.
Checklist of features
- Approval Workflow: Helps you define the steps and approvals required for a change to be implemented.
- Audit Trail: Aids you with a record of all changes made to a system or document, including who made the changes and when.
- Change Planning: Identifying and planning for changes, including identifying potential risks and impacts.
- Change Tracking: Monitoring and recording the progress of a change.
- Compliance Management: Ensuring that your organization is adhering to laws, regulations, and industry standards.
Freshservice offers four pricing tiers for Freshservice: Starter at $12 /agent/month, Growth at $30 /agent/month, Pro at $48/agent/month, and Enterprise at $60/agent/month.
A Lean System Analyst reviews the software as follows -
“It's amazing! it's just hard for me to hand over some of the responsibility due to the steep learning curve. Support could do with arranging a time to speak to you instead of email tennis, support can be slow, but some agents are stella!”
5. Alloy Navigator
Alloy Navigator by Alloy Software is a change management tool in IT service and asset management platforms aligned with ITIL's (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) best practices. It is designed to help organizations achieve high levels of customer service while managing complex IT operations.
Alloy Navigator is an all-encompassing solution that can be tailored to fit the specific needs of any organization. It has an intuitive and collaborative change management dashboard and ready-to-use KPI reports and metrics.
It suits small, medium, and large companies in various industries. It also includes powerful process automation tools, integration with third-party systems, and a flexible API.
Checklist of features
- Asset Tracking: Identifying, cataloging, and keeping track of an organization's physical and digital assets.
- Self-Service Portal: Alloy Navigator users can access and manage information or services without needing assistance from a human agent.
- Availability Management: Ensuring that an organization's IT systems, services, and resources are available to users when needed.
- Configuration Management: Identifying, organizing, and controlling changes to an organization's IT systems, software, and infrastructure.
- Contract/License Management: Tracking and managing the terms, conditions, and expiration dates of an organization's contracts and licenses.
- Problem Management: Identifying, diagnosing, and resolving issues or problems within an organization's IT systems and infrastructure.
Alloy Navigator is available in three different versions: Explorer at $19 per technician per month, Express at $49 per technician per month, and Enterprise at $79 per technician per month.
A program Application Manager reviews the software as follows -
“I really like what I've used so far. It's a part of my daily work and makes everything fairly simple. I'd like to explore more of the available features within the application, and I'm really excited to see what else we can do!”
Integrify is a process management platform designed to help organizations ensure that new processes and procedures are followed by employees and transform their operations digitally.
Integrify is a combination of two words - Integrate and Simplify. They focus on user experience, rapid deployment, scalability, and change compliance. The platform is designed to be easy to use, flexible, and support many processes and users.
Some specific features and capabilities include full-activity audit reports to track individual, team, and organizational performance.
Checklist of features
- Task Management: Organizing, scheduling, and completing tasks, usually with the help of Integrify.
- Approval Workflow: Provides you with the steps and approvals required for implementing changes.
- Audit Trail: Keeping a record of all changes
- Compliance Management: Helping your organization adhere to laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Release Management: The planning, scheduling, and controlling of the release of software updates and new versions.
- Training Management: Identifying and providing training to employees to ensure they have the necessary skills and knowledge to perform their job.
Integrify offers various platform options to meet different deployment needs, and all its platforms include the full complement of core features. Pricing is available on request.
An Engineering Manager reviews the software as follows -
“Track projects' progress with an exact timeline of milestones. Generate custom reports of desired events. Create & manage tasks/subtasks. Reduce/eliminate unnecessary emailing”
ClickLearn is a software solution that helps organizations automate creating and updating of training materials and documentation, saving time and promoting digital adoption.
By clicking through their processes, users can generate step-by-step instructions, virtual assistance, e-learning, and process videos to support a variety of learning scenarios. They can create a complete learning portal in over 45 languages with just one click.
ClickLearn is particularly well-suited for organizations planning implementation projects in business software such as Microsoft Dynamics 365, SAP, IFS, and Oracle.
Checklist of features
- Documentation: Creating and maintaining written or electronic records of information.
- Self-service training: Providing training to employees or customers where they can access and complete training materials on their own.
- Multilingual instructions: Instructions available in more than one language to serve a broad audience.
- Interactive videos: Videos that incorporate interactive elements, such as quizzes or polls, to engage and educate the viewer.
- Content Automation: Automate the creation, distribution, and management of content, such as text, images, and videos.
ClickLearn's pricing starts at $208 per month. There is no free version of ClickLearn, but they offer a free trial. It allows users to test the software before committing to a purchase.
An e-learning consultant reviews the software -
“Overall, the experience has been extremely positive. Using the software allows documentation of both customer and internal processes in a time-friendly, cost-effective way and looks amazing in terms of the end product. Will not be looking to change to another product as this one has everything we need and more.”
8. The Change Shop
The Change Shop platform empowers team leaders with a set of 6 powerful tools to turn organizational change into a competitive edge.
The platform offers unparalleled insights into your company culture and direction on where to concentrate efforts for meaningful change by utilizing surveys, advanced analytics, benchmarking tools, and tested change models.
You'll see the benefits of investing in the people's side of change. The Change Shop provides the tools to support your team and change efforts, enabling you to adopt the most suitable methods and practices for your specific change requirements.
Checklist of features
- Real-time feedback: Get Feedback provided in the moment rather than at a later time.
- Improvement tools: Learn a set of techniques or software that helps to identify and implement changes for better performance and efficiency.
- Case study library: Collection of case studies to learn from past experiences to improve processes and decision-making.
- Change Planning: Identifying and planning for changes.
- Prioritization: Organize tasks or issues based on their importance.
The Change Shop offers three subscription pricing plans for organizations to choose from based on the size of their team: Change Leader is free, Enterprise at $180 monthly, and Large Enterprise is available upon request.
Sr. Business Analyst reviews the software as -
“Working with The Change Shop™ makes managing change simple. We operate in a challenging change environment, but their tools make it easy to collect and act on feedback from the team.”
BOSSDesk is a super helpful tool for keeping track of everything your IT team needs to do. It's got a bunch of different features that make it easy to keep track of problems and changes.
It has a special section where you can make custom forms for your team. It's also got reporting tools to see how everything is going. Plus, they are on mobile apps that you can use on the go!
Overall, it's a handy tool for keeping your team organized and guiding all changes through the ITIL process with a steady hand to ensure minimal disruptions, especially for your IT team.
Checklist of features
- On-The-Go Workflow: Access and complete tasks, approve requests and receive updates remotely and on the go.
- Ticket Management: Organizing and tracking customer or employee requests, issues, or problems.
- HR Onboarding: Integrating new hires into an organization, including orientation, paperwork, and training.
- Facilities Management: Maintaining, improving, and managing an organization's physical infrastructure and equipment.
- Dashboard Reports: Provides you with a summary of KPIs presented in a visual format, such as charts, graphs, and tables.
Bossdesk offers essential version of Bossdesk at $19 per user per month, professional version at $39 per user per month, enterprise version at $69 per user per month. There is no free version of Bossdesk available, but they offer a free trial.
Client Support Analyst reviews the software as -
“We use BossDesk for our help desk solution as well as Asset Management and Self-help points for our customers. The support staff is exceptional and makes setup and troubleshooting super easy.”
ServiceNow is a change management tool that helps you view planned changes, blackouts, and maintenance schedules using an easy-to-understand yet innovative timeline calendar.
It also can consolidate your IT tools into a single data model to transform the service experience, automate workflows, gain real-time visibility, and improve IT productivity.
Furthermore, it has a numeric score feature to automate approvals for low-risk changes and understand the success probability.
Checklist of features
- Project Management: Plan, execute, and close projects, including the coordination and management of resources, to achieve specific goals and objectives.
- Incident Management: Identify, diagnose, and resolve issues within an organization's IT infrastructure.
- Change Management: Control and manage changes to an organization's software and infrastructure.
- Configuration Management: Organize, and control changes to an organization's IT systems.
- Self-Service Portal: Users to access and manage information or services without needing assistance from a human agent.
ServiceNow IT Service Management(ITSM) offers customizable pricing options to help your business reach its goals. Pricing is available on request.
IT and services, press assistant reviewed Service Now as -
“I used ServiceNow daily, almost hourly, to be honest, as a Level 2 Desktop Support Agent. It replaced vFire, which was getting slow and agonizing to work with. Tickets would come in, and we would perform the work, move the ticket along, and close it altogether, depending on the job. I liked using it and felt it was robust and powerful while still being nimble and problem free.”
11. Rocket DevOps
Rocket DevOps, formerly known as Rocket Aldon, is a software platform designed to help organizations streamline and automate their software development and delivery processes.
It is intended to support various activities and tasks related to software application development, testing, and deployment.
Here are a few examples of changes Rocket DevOps could make:
- Developing new software applications or updating existing ones
- Migrating applications from one platform or environment to another
- Implementing new tools or technologies in the development and delivery
- Process automation improves the efficiency and speed of manual tasks
- Assuring timely and budgeted completion of projects by coordinating teams and stakeholders
Checklist of features
- Point-and-click promotion, deployment, and redeployment: Move code, configurations, or other components through different environments (e.g development, test, production) with a simple point-and-click interface.
- Distributed development in multiple sites: Develop software across geographical regions and time zones, usually at multiple locations.
- Automation of IT workflow: Automate repetitive or manual IT tasks, such as testing, deployment, and monitoring.
- Central inventory of all application components: Have a central location where all components of an application, such as code, configuration, and libraries, are stored and can be accessed and reused easily.
Rocket DevOps pricing is available on request. You can also request a demo of it.
Sr. IT Project Manager reviews it as -
“Rocket Aldon is perfect for simple changes to traditional IBM I development using RPGLE, CL, and DDS. It is great for finding related objects that are referenced in many locations and helping recompile all of these objects.”
In today's fast-paced and constantly evolving world, effective change management is more critical than ever. By carefully planning and implementing changes, organizations can not only navigate challenges smoothly but also seize new opportunities and achieve long-term success.
Moreover, take help from this curated list of software for change management alongside the list of your upcoming organizational changes and choose the one that suits your organization.
Take your change management process a step further and schedule a free Gyde demo to learn how we can help you embrace change better with digital adoption!
Don't let change scare you - embrace it with confidence and purpose, and watch your organization soar to new heights!
- Which is the best change management tool to be used?
Many change management tools are available on the market(also discussed in the blog), and the best one for your organization will depend on your specific needs and requirements. Some popular change management tools include-
- Jira Service Management
- The Change Shop
- Alloy Navigator
- What are the 7 Rs of change management?
- Reasons for change: Identifying the reasons why change is necessary.
- Resources: Identifying the resources that will be required to implement the change.
- Roles and Responsibilities: Identifying the roles and responsibilities of those involved in the change process.
- Risks: Identifying and assessing the risks associated with the change.
- Readiness: Assessing the organization's and its employees' readiness for the change.
- Rewards: Identifying the benefits and rewards that will result from the change.
- Review and Revise: Review the change process and make any necessary revisions.
- What are the tools required for change management?
Several tools can be used to support change management, including
- Communication tools: To keep stakeholders informed and engaged throughout the change process
- Project management tools: To plan, track, and manage the change process
- Training and development tools: To train and develop employees to effectively navigate the change
- Performance management tools: To measure and monitor progress throughout the change process
- Risk management tools: To identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the change
- Process improvement tools: To evaluate and improve existing processes and procedures
- Change management software: To automate and streamline change management processes.
It's important to remember that not all tools are appropriate for every change management situation, and the best approach is to use a combination of tools that are tailored to the specific needs of your organization.